Saturday, May 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Arturo!


To my one and only love - Happy 57th Birthday Arturo!  (Arturo, my husband, is the one on the far right.  I'm next to him and then comes Josefina, my mother-in-law and Alfonso, my brother-in-law).  I couldn't find a recent picture of Arturo because he absolutely hates to have his picture taken and after 30 years of marriage, I have exactly three photos of him smiling.  I may be exaggerating a bit but not much.

But apart from the well known fact that he is not photogenic, he is many other things - a man who loves his family, who is witty, funny, clever, loves animals and the environment, and promotes the arts (he has an art gallery and wants to open a museum in Mexico - more on that later).  Arturo can design a house and have it built to his specifications without ever having formally studied architecture.  He can fix anything just by spending some time thinking about the problem.  His mind never stops working.   And importantly for me, he always supports me in whatever crazy idea I come up with - like leaving my job as an attorney!

I love you mi vida and I hope we share many more birthdays together!

No comments:

Post a Comment