Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Flowers and San Angel

When I'm in Chicago, planting my annuals in pots and placing them throughout my back yard and porch is one of my favorite things to do.  I can sit outside on the deck and look at them for hours with a cup of coffee or wine and a book in hand. I didn't get to do that last summer, nor will I this summer as we won't be returning to Chicago until late September.  I miss those times!  You may think I'm crazy being that Mexico has year round flowers.  And the flowers and greenery here is absolutely beautiful and I love it with all my heart.  But I guess the difference here is that because we are surrounded all year with flowers, I start to take them for granted.  Something that we should never ever do, and I promise I will stop that nonsense.

These beauties are right outside my bedroom window and are climbing up the wall.

 I am so incredibly lucky to wake up to these and to see them a thousand times during the day.  I love the bright pinks, fuchsias and reds.  So while I don't have my potted annuals here, I instead have a garden all year long.






And speaking of gardens, last weekend we went to the Saturday outdoor art market in the San Angel neighborhood.  The artists set up their artwork in their designated spaces in the park every Saturday and it's such a fun place to go to.  I always find at least a dozen paintings that I would like to purchase, and I'm always telling Arturo which artists he should invite to Chicago for a gallery show.  Sometimes he listens, maybe.  Probably not.

 The artists often don't want anyone taking pictures of their artwork, so I tried to be discreet and take these from a safe distance.


Taking a break and munching on something.  The dogs love going there too!  Seriously, I think they are taking over our lives.  But in a good way.

This is another must visit place when you come to Mexico City.

No comments:

Post a Comment