Saturday, June 2, 2012

Blue Toile Aprons and Mountains

Today has been a strange day but I'm not really sure why.  I think it is that I miss my girls and Chicago.  The good thing is that we have Skype and I can actually see them as we are talking - that is a lifesaver!

I did sell two aprons today from my Etsy shop so that made me feel terrific!  I love making aprons that I hope will make people feel good when they use them.  I put only positive thoughts into my aprons and because I have so much fun making them I feel like they will bring some happiness to the wearer.  In any event, that is my sincere wish.

I've been trying to think what to do with this material and I finally came up with an idea:


It is a quaint blue toile and I can't find it anywhere anymore.  I'm going to make it into this type of apron with the toile being the upper layer and a cream muslin being the bottom skirt, pocket, waistband and ties:


I think it is going to look really cute and I have my fingers crossed that I have enough of the toile to make two aprons.  The plan is to cut them out tomorrow and maybe I will have photos to post Monday morning.

Before I go, I want to put up these pictures of the view from our bedroom balcony.


I love mountains and I wish my photography was better so that you could really see them.  Mexico City is in a valley surrounded on almost all sides by mountains, including one rather active volcano called El Popo for short.  It's been spewing ashes and making an awful lot of rumbling the last two months.  One of these days it's going to erupt and that will be awful and awesome.  There is no stopping nature!


No comments:

Post a Comment