Monday, June 18, 2012

Hey Jude

It's hard to believe that Paul McCartney turned 70 today.  He still lives life as if he were 50 years younger.  I absolutely hate it when people who are perfectly healthy say "I'm old, I have to rest and I can't do that" instead of getting out there to play, travel, work, love.  I've always admired this quote from Bernard Shaw:

 "I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live.  I rejoice in life for its own sake."

Seems like that is the way to go.

I actually didn't know about McCartney's birthday until last night when we went to the concert "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" at the Theater of Mexico City.  It started with a short documentary of how they recorded that album and then a Mexican band sang all the songs from Sgt. Pepper.  The lead singer was great - he imitated each of the voices of the Beatles and you never would have known that English wasn't his first language.  It was a really enjoyable evening.  Funny how music from your childhood brings back so many memories and feelings - like the anticipation of where your life will go. As we get older we get so caught up in daily living, taking care of the kids and house, working, groceries,problems, etc. that we seem to miss out on the magic that life offers.  Music, however briefly, can bring back that magic and make you forget all of life's problems.

Thank you to all the musicians who make life brighter!  And happy birthday Paul!  Keep the music coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment