Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rainy Times

Who would have thought that summers in Mexico City involve many rainy and cool afternoons?  The days start out bright and full of sunshine but around 1 or 2 p.m. the clouds and wind roll in and the rain starts.  I lived here for four years in the early '80s and I just can't remember if it stays like this all summer long.  I'm hoping not because I need lots of sunshine to feel alive and energized.  Rainy days make me want to lie down with a book and take a nap.  That's fine once in awhile but not everyday.

We leave in the morning on a bus for Acapulco and will return Sunday evening.  For the very first time, we are leaving the dogs alone in the house.  We have always had someone else in the house with them while we are gone.  A young woman from the neighborhood will come over 3-4 times a day to take them out, feed them and play with them.  I have no idea how this is going to work out but we will find out!

See you in a few days.m


No comments:

Post a Comment